Interactive Biplot Construction
AbstractWe analyze and discuss how a generic software to produce biplot graphs should be designed. We describe a data structure appropriate to include the biplot description and we specify the algorithm(s) to be used for several biplot types. We discuss the options the software should offer to the user in two different environments. In a highly interactive environment the user should be able to specify many graphical options and also to change them using the usual interactive tools. The resulting graph needs to be available in several formats, including high quality format for printing. In a web-based environment, the user submits a data file or listing together with some options specified either in a file or using a form. Then the graphic is sent back to the user in one of several possible formats according to the specifications. We review some of the already available software and we present an implementation based in XLISP-STAT. It can be run under Unix or Windows, and it is also part of a service that provides biplot graphs through the web.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 13 ()
Issue (Month): i05 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Aitchison & Michael Greenacre, 2001.
"Biplots of compositional data,"
Economics Working Papers
557, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Ilya A. Lipkovich & Eric P. Smith, . "Biplot and Singular Value Decomposition Macros for Excel©," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(i05).
- Jean Thioulouse & Stéphane Dray, . "Interactive Multivariate Data Analysis in R with the ade4 and ade4TkGUI Packages," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 22(i05).
- Anthony la Grange & Niël le Roux & Sugnet Gardner-Lubbe, . "BiplotGUI: Interactive Biplots in R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 30(i12).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.