Effect Displays in R for Generalised Linear Models
AbstractThis paper describes the implementation in R of a method for tabular or graphical display of terms in a complex generalised linear model. By complex, I mean a model that contains terms related by marginality or hierarchy, such as polynomial terms, or main effects and interactions. I call these tables or graphs effect displays. Effect displays are constructed by identifying high-order terms in a generalised linear model. Fitted values under the model are computed for each such term. The lower-order "relatives" of a high-order term (e.g., main effects marginal to an interaction) are absorbed into the term, allowing the predictors appearing in the high-order term to range over their values. The values of other predictors are fixed at typical values: for example, a covariate could be fixed at its mean or median, a factor at its proportional distribution in the data, or to equal proportions in its several levels. Variations of effect displays are also described, including representation of terms higher-order to any appearing in the model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 08 ()
Issue (Month): i15 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Fox, . "The R Commander: A Basic-Statistics Graphical User Interface to R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(i09).
- John Fox & Jangman Hong, . "Effect Displays in R for Multinomial and Proportional-Odds Logit Models: Extensions to the effects Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 32(i01).
- G. Guerra & R. Patuelli & R. Maggi, 2012.
"Ethnic Concentration, Cultural Identity and Immigrant Self-Employment in Switzerland,"
wp808, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giuliano Guerra & Roberto Patuelli & Rico Maggi, 2010. "Ethnic Concentration, Cultural Identity and Immigrant Self-Employment in Switzerland," Working Paper Series 11_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Aug 2011.
- Giuliano Guerra & Roberto Patuelli & Rico Maggi, 2010. "Ethnic Concentration, Cultural Identity and Immigrant Self-Employment in Switzerland," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1008, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.