Implementing interactive computing in an object-oriented environment
AbstractStatistical computing when input/output is driven by a Graphical User Interface is considered. A proposal is made for automatic control of computational flow to ensure that only strictly required computations are actually carried on. The computational flow is modeled by a directed graph for implementation in any object-oriented programming language with symbolic manipulation capabilities. A complete implementation example is presented to compute and display frequency based piecewise linear density estimators such as histograms or frequency polygons.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 05 ()
Issue (Month): i03 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Frederic Udina, 1999. "Implementing interactive computing in an object-oriented environment," Economics Working Papers 419, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simonoff, Jeffrey S. & Udina, Frederic, 1997.
"Measuring the stability of histogram appearance when the anchor position is changed,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 335-353, January.
- Jeffrey S. Simonoff & Frederic Udina, 1995. "Measuring the stability of histogram appearance when the anchor position is changed," Economics Working Papers 133, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- HARDLE, Wolfgang & SCOTT, David, 1990.
"Smoothing by weighted averaging of rounded points,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.