Factors Related to the Selection of a Real Estate Agency or Agent
AbstractReal estate firms attempting to maintain or increase their market share want to know the characteristics of the firm or individual agents that are important to market participants. A survey of homeowners conducted during August 1987 found the following: 1) the individual agent is more important than the firm itself in the selection of a real estate firm; 2) knowing an agent of the firm was the primary factor considered in the selection of a real estate firm; and 3) agent characteristics of selling ability, competence, integrity, knowledge of the market, and understanding the client's needs and concerns were most important.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 3 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizabeth Hemphill, 2007. "Factors Affecting Real Estate Broker Selection: What Really Counts?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25.
- Geoffrey Turnbull & Jonathan Dombrow, 2007. "Individual Agents, Firms, and the Real Estate Brokerage Process," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 57-76, July.
- James E. Larsen, 1991. "Leading Residential Real Estate Sales Agents and Market Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 6(2), pages 241-249.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Donald Jud & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2000. "What Do We Know About Real Estate Brokerage?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 5-30.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Donald Jud & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2000. "Real Estate Brokerage and the Hosting Market: An Annotated Bibliography," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 217-278.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.