Inflation Risk Analysis of European Real Estate Securities
AbstractThe focus of this paper is the analysis of the inflation risk of European real estate securities. Following both a causal and a final understanding of risk, the analysis is twofold: First, to examine the causal influence of inflation on short- and long-term asset returns, we employ different regression approaches based on the methodology of Fama/Schwert 1977. Hedging capacities against expected inflation are found only for German open-end funds. Furthermore, different shortfall risk measures are used to study whether an investment in European real estate securities protects against a negative real return at the end of a given investment period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 24 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Other versions of this item:
- Raimond Maurer & Steffen Sebastian, 2002. "Inflation Risk Analysis of European Real Estate Securities," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 51, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Maurer, Raimond & Sebastian, Steffen, 2000. "Inflation Risk Analysis of European Real Estate Securities," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-07, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cfs:cfswop:wp200314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurer, Raimond H., 2003. "Institutional investors in Germany: Insurance companies and investment funds," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/14, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.