A Note on Corporate Overseas Investment Decision Priorities of Taiwanese Direct Real Estate Investors
AbstractData generated from a situationally adapted analytical hierarchical process (AHP) questionnaire focusing on two politically confrontational countries (the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China on Taiwan), provides a revealing assessment of the decisionmaking priorities for three types of direct foreign investment, namely wholly foreign-owned subsidiaries (WFSs), equity joint ventures (EJVs) and contractual joint ventures (CJVs). Cross-case comparison shows distinctly different priorities among the three types for the two countries, and that country selection entails more caution than does the subsequent selection of city. Whereas political environment factors are of only marginal importance for domestic decisions, they are of primary consideration in overseas investment decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F, 1972. "Components of Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 551-67, June.
- P. Shim, Jung., 1989. "Bibliographical research on the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 161-167.
- Vargas, Luis G., 1990. "An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 2-8, September.
- Olson, David L. & Venkataramanan, Munirpallam & Mote, John L., 1986. "A technique using analytical hierarchy process in multiobjective planning models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 361-368.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.