Autoregressive gamma processes
AbstractWe introduce a class of autoregressive gamma processes with conditional distributions from the family of noncentred gamma (up to a scale factor). The paper provides the stationarity and ergodicity conditions for ARG processes of any autoregressive order p , including long memory, and closed-form expressions of conditional moments. The nonlinear state space representation of an ARG process is used to derive the filtering, smoothing and forecasting algorithms. The paper also presents estimation and inference methods, illustrated by an application to interquote durations data on an infrequently traded stock listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 25 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renne, J-P., 2009. "Frequency-domain analysis of debt service in a macro-finance model for the euro area," Working papers 261, Banque de France.
- H. Bertholon & A. Monfort & F. Pegoraro, 2008.
"Econometric Asset Pricing Modelling,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(4), pages 407-458, Fall.
- Roberto Casarin, 2005. "Stochastic Processes in Credit Risk Modelling," Working Papers ubs0505, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Jeremy Graveline & Irina Zviadadze & Mikhail Chernov, 2012. "Crash Risk in Currency Returns," 2012 Meeting Papers 753, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Antoine, Bertille & Renault, Eric, 2012.
"Efficient minimum distance estimation with multiple rates of convergence,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 350-367.
- Bertille Antoine & Eric Renault, 2012. "Efficient Minimum Distance Estimation with Multiple Rates of Convergence," Discussion Papers dp12-03, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Gagliardini, Patrick & Ronchetti, Diego, 2013. "Semi-parametric estimation of American option prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 173(1), pages 57-82.
- Meddahi, N., 2001.
"An Eigenfunction Approach for Volatility Modeling,"
Cahiers de recherche
2001-29, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Adam Golinski & Peter Spencer, 2012. "The Meiselman forward interest rate revision regression as an Affine Term Structure Model," Discussion Papers 12/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Corsi, Fulvio & Fusari, Nicola & La Vecchia, Davide, 2013. "Realizing smiles: Options pricing with realized volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 284-304.
- Serge Darolles & Patrick Gagliardini & Christian Gouriéroux, 2012. "Survival of Hedge Funds : Frailty vs Contagion," Working Papers 2012-36, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Bruno Feunou & Roméo Tedongap, 2011. "A Stochastic Volatility Model with Conditional Skewness," Working Papers 11-20, Bank of Canada.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Sufana, Razvan, 2011. "Discrete time Wishart term structure models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 815-824, June.
- Monfort, A. & Pegoraro, F., 2007.
"Switching VARMA Term Structure Models - Extended Version,"
191, Banque de France.
- Alain Monfort & Fulvio Pegoraro, 2007. "Switching VARMA Term Structure Models - Extended Version," Working Papers 2007-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Gianni Amisano & Roberto Casarin, 2008. "Particle Filters for Markov-Switching Stochastic-Correlation Models," Working Papers 0814, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.