Rank-Ordered Logit Models: An Empirical Analysis of Ontario Voter Preferences
AbstractThis study provides a Bayesian investigation of rank-ordered multinomial logit models employing conjugate priors for standard multinomial logit models as well as other priors. Also considered is a specification test of the independence of irrelevant alternatives assumption. The proposed techniques are demonstrated in an empirical investigation of Ontario voter preferences before the 1988 Canadian Federal Election. Copyright 1994 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (Oct.-Dec.)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1996. "A Bayesian analysis of nested logit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 163-181, November.
- Dennis Fok & Richard Paap & Bram Van Dijk, 2012.
"A Rank‐Ordered Logit Model With Unobserved Heterogeneity In Ranking Capabilities,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 831-846, 08.
- van Dijk, A. & Fok, D. & Paap, R., 2007. "A rank-ordered logit model with unobserved heterogeneity in ranking capabilities," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2007-07, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1997. "Comparing and choosing between two models with a third model in the background," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 139-151, June.
- Philip Yu, 2000. "Bayesian analysis of order-statistics models for ranking data," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 281-299, September.
- Lei Zhang & David Levinson, 2006. "Determinants of Route Choice and the Value of Traveler Information," Working Papers 200808, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Mulatu Debalke, Negash, 2011. "Determinants of farmers’ preference for adaptation strategies to climate change: evidence from north shoa zone of Amhara region Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 48753, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.