Effizienz von Qualifizierungs- und Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen in Ostdeutschland
AbstractThis paper evaluates job creation schemes and further training in East Germany for the period 1990-1998. We identify the causal effect of the treatment-on-the-treated by a two-step procedure: First, we apply the matching technique based on estimated propensity scores. Secondly, we use the Difference-in-Differences estimator. Hereby, we take especially consideration on Ashenfelter s Dip, which characterize a significant decrease in the participants employment shortly before the start of a program. This can be assumed to be related to the anticipation of the participation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Halle Institute for Economic Research in its journal Wirtschaft im Wandel.
Volume (Year): 6 (2000)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2006. "Wirksamkeit von Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen in Deutschland: Empirische Befunde mikroökonometrischer Analysen," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-54, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "The Geographical Mobility of Unemployed Workers: Evidence from West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-34, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Brinkmann, Christian & Caliendo, Marco & Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2006. "Zielgruppenspezifische Evaluation von Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen : Gewinner und Verlierer," IAB-Forschungsbericht 200605, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2006. "Wirksamkeit von Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen in Deutschland : empirische Befunde mikroökonometrischer Analysen (Effectiveness of job creation schemes in Germany : empirical findings from microeconom," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 39(3/4), pages 329-345.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:39:i:3/4:p:329-345 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.