Sources of Growth and Behavior of TFP in Chile
AbstractChile has exhibited sharp cyclical and trend variation in its GDP and TFP growth rates during the last half century. This paper presents new estimates of the sources of Chile’s growth and new measures for factor inputs and TFP during 1960- 2005. Capital s
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2006)
Issue (Month): 127 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chumacero, Romulo A. & Fuentes, J. Rodrigo, 2006. "Chilean growth dynamics," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 197-214, March.
- Garey Ramey & Valerie A. Ramey, 1994.
"Cross-Country Evidence on the Link Between Volatility and Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramey, Garey & Ramey, Valerie A, 1995. "Cross-Country Evidence on the Link between Volatility and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1138-51, December.
- Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & García Marín, Álvaro, 2011. "R&D and Productivity: A Two Way Avenue?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1090-1107, July.
- Lucas Navarro & Raimundo Soto, 2006. "Procyclical Productivity in Manufacturing," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 193-220.
- Jorge Enrique Restrepo L. & Claudio Soto G., 2006. "Empirical Regularities Of The Chilean Economy: 1986-2005," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 9(2), pages 15-40, August.
- Kasahara, Hiroyuki & Lapham, Beverly, 2013.
"Productivity and the decision to import and export: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 297-316.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Beverly Lapham, 2008. "Productivity and the Decision to Import and Export: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 2240, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2006.
"Chile's Economic Growth,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 5-48.
- Emilio Espino & Martin Gonzalez-Rozada, 2013.
"Normative Fiscal Policy and Growth: Some Quantitative Implications for the Chilean Economy,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2013-06, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Emilio Espino & Martín González Rozada, 2013. "Normative Fiscal Policy and Growth: Some Quantitative Implications for the Chilean Economy," IDB Publications 82531, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Marcela Urrutia A. & Andrea Sánchez Y., 2008. "Generación de Energía Eléctrica en un Modelo para Proyectar el IMACEC," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 11(2), pages 99-108, August.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "The Political Economy of Distribution and Growth in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 417, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Solimano, Andres, 2009. "Three Decades of Neoliberal Economics in Chile: Achievements, Failures and Dilemmas," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.