Asignación de Recursos en los Hogares Pobres de Chile
AbstractThis paper uses estimations of Engel curves in order to analyze how the participation of a set of products or services changes in household expenditures, when we include a member with given demographic characteristics in the family. Trough the use of the
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 108 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1992.
"Collective Labor Supply and Welfare,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 437-67, June.
- Alesina, Alberto, et al, 1996.
" Political Instability and Economic Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 189-211, June.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-44, August.
- Thomas, D., 1991. "Gender differences in household resource allocations," Papers 79, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Deaton, Angus S & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Thomas, Duncan, 1989.
"The Influence of Household Composition on Household Expenditure Patterns: Theory and Spanish Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Deaton, Angus S. & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Thomas, Duncan, 1989. "The influence of household composition on household expenditure patterns : theory and Spanish evidence," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4772, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Marjorie B. McElroy, 1990. "The Empirical Content of Nash-Bargained Household Behavior," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 559-583.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Swagel, Phillip & Ozler, Sule & Alesina, Alberto, 1996.
"Political Instability and Economic Growth,"
4553024, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin & DEC, 1994.
"Poverty and household size,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1332, The World Bank.
- Thomas, D., 1989.
"Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach,"
586, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Duncan Thomas, 1990. "Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 635-664.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1988. "Rational Household Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 63-90, January.
- Andrea Butelmann & Francisco Gallego, 2000.
"Household Saving in Chile: Microeconomic Evidence,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
63, Central Bank of Chile.
- Herman Bennett & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Claudio Soto, 1999. "Series de Ahorro e Ingreso por Agente Económico en Chile 1960-1997," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 53, Central Bank of Chile.
- Herman Bennett & Klauss Schmidt-Hebbel & Claudio Soto, 2000. "Nota técnica: Series de ahorro e ingreso por agente económico en Chile, 1960 - 1997," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 27(1 Year 20), pages 123-170, June.
- Andrea Butelmann & Francisco Gallego, 2001. "Household Saving in Chile (1988 and 1997): Testing the Life Cycle Hypothesis," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 38(113), pages 3-48.
- Cuesta, Jose, 2006. "The distributive consequuences of machismo: A simulation analysis of intrahousehold allocation," MPRA Paper 11243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.