Data Set--Choice-Based Revenue Management: Data from a Major Hotel Chain
AbstractIn this paper, we describe data collected from five U.S. properties of a major hotel chain that can be used to benchmark the performance of choice-based revenue management (RM) algorithms. The process used to collect this data illustrates subtle complexities involved in extracting product availability information from current RM systems and sheds new light on practical issues that need to be addressed to successfully implement choice-based RM systems. The data described in this paper is publicly available at the journal's website at http://msom.pubs.informs.org .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
empirical research; OM-marketing interface; service operations;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sumit Kunnumkal & Kalyan Talluri, 2014. "On the tractability of the piecewise-linear approximation for general discrete-choice network revenue management," Economics Working Papers 1409, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sumit Kunnumkal & Kalyan Talluri, 2014. "On the Tractability of the Piecewiselinear Approximation for General Discrete-Choice Network Revenue Management," Working Papers 749, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Sumit Kunnumkal & Kalyan Talluri, 2012. "A new compact linear programming formulation for choice network revenue management," Economics Working Papers 1349, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Arne Strauss & Kalyan Talluri, 2012. "A tractable consideration set structure for network revenue management," Economics Working Papers 1303, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2012.
- Summit Kunnumkal & Kalyan Talluri, 2012. "A New Compact Linear Programming Formulation for Choice Network Revenue Management," Working Papers 677, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.