Lotsizing and Scheduling on Parallel Machines with Sequence-Dependent Setup Costs
AbstractIndustrial lotsizing and scheduling pose very difficult analytical problems. We propose an unconventional model that deals with sequence-dependent setup costs in a multiple-machine environment. The sequence-splitting model splits an entire schedule into subsequences, leading to tractable subproblems. An optimization approach based on a column generation/branch and bound methodology is developed, and heuristically adapted to test problems including five real-world problem instances gathered from industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
lotsizing; scheduling; sequence-dependent setup costs; column generation; branch and bound;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haugen, Kjetil K. & Olstad, Asmund & Pettersen, Bard I., 2007. "The profit maximizing capacitated lot-size (PCLSP) problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 165-176, January.
- BELVAUX, Gaetan & WOLSEY, Laurence A., 2000. "Modelling practical lot-sizing problems as mixed integer programs," CORE Discussion Papers 2000009, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ferreira, Deisemara & Clark, Alistair R. & Almada-Lobo, Bernardo & Morabito, Reinaldo, 2012. "Single-stage formulations for synchronised two-stage lot sizing and scheduling in soft drink production," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 255-265.
- Weng, Michael X. & Lu, John & Ren, Haiying, 2001. "Unrelated parallel machine scheduling with setup consideration and a total weighted completion time objective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 215-226, April.
- Hop, Nguyen Van & Tabucanon, Mario T., 2005. "Adaptive genetic algorithm for lot-sizing problem with self-adjustment operation rate," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 129-135, November.
- Meyr, Herbert, 2002. "Simultaneous lotsizing and scheduling on parallel machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 277-292, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.