Notes: Categorical Outputs in Data Envelopment Analysis
AbstractA new linear programming formulation for handling categorical outputs in DEA is presented which eliminates the difficulties of interpretation and computation that accompanied earlier mixed integer models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 39 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
data envelopment analysis; efficiency; categorical outputs; linear programming;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rust, Roland T. & Metters, Richard, 1996. "Mathematical models of service," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 427-439, June.
- Reuben Elan & Verma Bharat Bhushan & Bhat Ramesh, . "Hospital Efficiency: An Empirical Analysis of District and Grant-in-Aid Hospitals in Gujarat," IIMA Working Papers WP2001-07-05, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Frances X. Frei & Patrick T. Harker, 1998. "Projections onto Efficient Frontiers: Theoretical and Computational Extensions to DEA," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dimara, Efthalia & Pantzios, Christos J. & Skuras, Dimitris & Tsekouras, Kostas, 2005. "The impacts of regulated notions of quality on farm efficiency: A DEA application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 416-431, March.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Semple, John, 1997. "Constrained games for evaluating organizational performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Lothgren, Mickael & Tambour, Magnus, 1999. "Productivity and customer satisfaction in Swedish pharmacies: A DEA network model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 449-458, June.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Matin, Reza Kazemi, 2009. "Theory of integer-valued data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 658-667, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.