Manpower Flows and the Innovation Process
AbstractA model of the causes and impacts of manpower flows in the innovation process is developed in this paper. A review of some of the relevant literature and discussion of several case studies of manpower flows are presented. Some preliminary results are reported and emergent propositions and future research needs are discussed. One promising area of exploration appears to be the relationship between information flows, manpower flows, and importance of the innovation (radical vs. incremental) under consideration. Some implications for the management of technological change in organizations are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 26 (1980)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
research and development; organization: studies; personnel; organizational studies;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kronenberg, Kristin & Carree, Martin, 2010. "The effects of workforce composition, labor turnover, and the qualities of entering and exiting workers on productivity growth," MPRA Paper 25844, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanko, Michael A. & Olleros, Xavier, 2013. "Industry growth and the knowledge spillover regime: Does outsourcing harm innovativeness but help profit?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2007-2016.
- Montserrat Vilalta-Bufi, 2008.
"On the industry experience premium and labor mobility,"
Working Papers in Economics
208, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Vilalta-Bufi, Montserrat, 2010. "On the industry experience premium and labor mobility," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 547-555, June.
- Montserrat Vilalta-Bufi, 2007. "Labor mobility and Inter-industry Wage Variation," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_024, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.