Organizational Context and the Success of Management Information Systems
AbstractThis paper identifies the organizational context variables affecting the success and failure of MIS. The variables are categorized as uncontrollable, partially controllable and controlled, and a conceptual scheme is suggested. In addition, current information on these variables and the interactions between them is surveyed; propositions are stated concerning relationships between the variables and the success or failure of MIS.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 24 (1978)
Issue (Month): 10 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Eric T. G., 2001. "Linking organizational context with structure: a preliminary investigation of the information processing view," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 429-443, October.
- Gelderman, Maarten, 1997. "The relation between user information satisfaction, usage of management support systems and performance," Serie Research Memoranda 0043, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Bhatt, Ganesh D. & Stump, Rodney L., 2001. "An empirically derived model of the role of IS networks in business process improvement initiatives," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 29-48, February.
- Ragu-Nathan, Bhanu S. & Apigian, Charles H. & Ragu-Nathan, T. S. & Tu, Qiang, 2004. "A path analytic study of the effect of top management support for information systems performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 459-471, December.
- Thong, James Y. L., 2001. "Resource constraints and information systems implementation in Singaporean small businesses," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 143-156, April.
- Thong, J. Y. L. & Yap, C. S., 1995. "CEO characteristics, organizational characteristics and information technology adoption in small businesses," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 429-442, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.