Stochastic Cash Management with Fixed and Proportional Transaction Costs
AbstractA continuous time model of cash management is formulated with stochastic demand and allowing for positive and negative cash balances. The form of the optimal policy is assumed to be of a simple form (d, D, U, u). The parameters of the optimal policy are explicitly evaluated and the properties of the system are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 22 (1976)
Issue (Month): 12 (August)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bensoussan, Alain & Chutani, Anshuman & Sethi, Suresh, 2009. "Optimal Cash Management Under Uncertainty," MPRA Paper 19896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amir E. Khandani & Andrew W. Lo & Robert C. Merton, 2009.
"Systemic Risk and the Refinancing Ratchet Effect,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
10-023, Harvard Business School, revised Jul 2010.
- Art Durnev & Vihang Errunza & Alexander Molchanov, 2009. "Property rights protection, corporate transparency, and growth," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(9), pages 1533-1562, December.
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, Jacqueline M. & Dekker, Rommert & van der Laan, Erwin & van Nunen, Jo A. E. E. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1997. "Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-17, November.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997.
"The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings,"
NBER Working Papers
6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999. "The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Kuik, Roelof, 2003. "On optimal inventory control with independent stochastic item returns," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 25-37, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.