Reply—Reflections on Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products
AbstractWe are indebted to John Little (Little, J. D. C. 1986. Comments. 107–108.) and Hugh Zielske (Zielske, H. A. 1986. Comments. 109.) for their valuable comments on our paper. Some of the comments merit further clarification and our response to these comments is provided below.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Marketing Science.
Volume (Year): 5 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mesak, Hani I. & Ellis, T. Selwyn, 2009. "On the superiority of pulsing under a concave advertising market potential function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 608-627, April.
- (Sundar) Balakrishnan, P. V. & Hall, Nicholas G., 1995. "A maximin procedure for the optimal insertion timing of ad executions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 368-382, September.
- Huang, Jian & Leng, Mingming & Liang, Liping, 2012. "Recent developments in dynamic advertising research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 591-609.
- Ashwin Aravindakshan & Prasad Naik, 2011. "How does awareness evolve when advertising stops? The role of memory," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 315-326, September.
- Fruchter, Gila E., 2001. "A dual control problem and application to marketing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 99-110, April.
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, Miguel, 2006.
"Learning, Forgetting, and Sales,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt7td275hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Danaher, Peter J. & Rust, Roland T., 1996. "Determining the optimal return on investment for an advertising campaign," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 511-521, December.
- Mesak, Hani I., 1999. "On the generalizability of advertising pulsation monopoly results to an oligopoly," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 429-449, September.
- Bischi, Gian Italo & Gardini, Laura & Kopel, Michael, 2000. "Analysis of global bifurcations in a market share attraction model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 855-879, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.