Reply—Reflections on Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products
AbstractWe are indebted to John Little (Little, J. D. C. 1986. Comments. 107–108.) and Hugh Zielske (Zielske, H. A. 1986. Comments. 109.) for their valuable comments on our paper. Some of the comments merit further clarification and our response to these comments is provided below.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Marketing Science.
Volume (Year): 5 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
- Bischi, Gian Italo & Gardini, Laura & Kopel, Michael, 2000. "Analysis of global bifurcations in a market share attraction model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 855-879, June.
- K. Sudhir & Nathan Yang, 2014. "Exploiting the Choice-Consumption Mismatch: A New Approach to Disentangle State Dependence and Heterogeneity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1941, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Huang, Jian & Leng, Mingming & Liang, Liping, 2012. "Recent developments in dynamic advertising research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 591-609.
- Ashwin Aravindakshan & Prasad Naik, 2011. "How does awareness evolve when advertising stops? The role of memory," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 315-326, September.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B. & Villas-Boas, J. Miguel, 2006.
"Learning, forgetting, and sales,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1020, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, Miguel, 2006. "Learning, Forgetting, and Sales," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7td275hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Mesak, Hani I. & Ellis, T. Selwyn, 2009. "On the superiority of pulsing under a concave advertising market potential function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 608-627, April.
- Mesak, Hani I., 1999. "On the generalizability of advertising pulsation monopoly results to an oligopoly," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 429-449, September.
- Danaher, Peter J. & Rust, Roland T., 1996. "Determining the optimal return on investment for an advertising campaign," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 511-521, December.
- (Sundar) Balakrishnan, P. V. & Hall, Nicholas G., 1995. "A maximin procedure for the optimal insertion timing of ad executions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 368-382, September.
- Fruchter, Gila E., 2001. "A dual control problem and application to marketing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 99-110, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.