Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities
AbstractBranding has emerged as a top management priority in the last decade due to the growing realization that brands are one of the most valuable intangible assets that firms have. Driven in part by this intense industry interest, academic researchers have explored a number of different brand-related topics in recent years, generating scores of papers, articles, research reports, and books. This paper identifies some of the influential work in the branding area, highlighting what has been learned from an academic perspective on important topics such as brand positioning, brand integration, brand-equity measurement, brand growth, and brand management. The paper also outlines some gaps that exist in the research of branding and brand equity and formulates a series of related research questions. Choice modeling implications of the branding concept and the challenges of incorporating main and interaction effects of branding as well as the impact of competition are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Marketing Science.
Volume (Year): 25 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (11-12)
brands; brand equity; brand extensions;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehran REZVANI & Seyed Hamid Khodadad HOSEINI & Mohammad Mehdi SAMADZADEH, 2012. "Investigating the Role of Word of Mouth on Consumer Based Brand Equity Creation in Iran’s Cell-Phone Market," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(1), pages 3, February.
- Wendler, Caroline, 2011. "Die Genossenschaft als Marke? Eine Analyse der Übertragbarkeit von Markenaspekten auf ein Geschäftsmodell mit besonderen Merkmalen," Arbeitspapiere 106, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & Atribo, Jo & Torres Lacomba, Anna, 2010.
"Generating Global Brand Equity through Corporate Social Responsibility to Key Stakeholders,"
10007, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Josep A. Tribó, 2010. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Business Economics Working Papers id-10-04, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial "Carmen Vidal Ballester".
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Josep A. Tribó & Peter Verhoef, 2010. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Economics Working Papers 1209, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2011.
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Peter Verhoef & Josep A. Tribó, 2011. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Business Economics Working Papers id-11-02, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial "Carmen Vidal Ballester".
- Bogomolova, Svetlana, 2010. "Life after death? Analyzing post-defection consumer brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1135-1141, November.
- Ikuo Ishibashi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "The Existence of Low-End Firms May Help High-End Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 136-147, 01-02.
- Godey, Bruno & Pederzoli, Daniele & Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Chan, Priscilla & Oh, Hyunjoo & Singh, Rahul & Skorobogatykh, Irina I. & Tsuchiya, Junji & Weitz, Bart, 2012. "Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1461-1470.
- da Silveira, Catherine & Lages, Carmen & Simões, Cláudia, 2013. "Reconceptualizing brand identity in a dynamic environment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 28-36.
- Bühler, Stefan & Halbheer, Daniel, 2011.
"Persuading Consumers With Social Attitudes,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1117, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Romaniuk, Jenni & Nenycz-Thiel, Magda, 2013. "Behavioral brand loyalty and consumer brand associations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 67-72.
- Payne, Adrian & Storbacka, Kaj & Frow, Pennie & Knox, Simon, 2009. "Co-creating brands: Diagnosing and designing the relationship experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 379-389, March.
- Cristina Moreira & Ana Côrte-Real & Paulo Lencastre, 2010. "The image of Agriculture in Portugal," Working Papers de GestÃ£o (Management Working Papers) 04, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- Torres, Anna & Tribó, Josep A., 2011. "Customer satisfaction and brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 1089-1096, October.
- Erik Braun & Sebastian Zenker, 2011. "Towards an Integrated Approach for Place Brand Management," ERSA conference papers ersa10p181, European Regional Science Association.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buil, Isabel & de Chernatony, Leslie & Martínez, Eva, 2013. "Examining the role of advertising and sales promotions in brand equity creation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 115-122.
- Yoshida, Masayuki & James, Jeffrey D. & Cronin, J. Joseph, 2013. "Sport event innovativeness: Conceptualization, measurement, and its impact on consumer behavior," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 68-84.
- Hsiu-Yuan Tsao & Lucy M. Matthews & Victoria L. Crittenden, 2012. "Balancing Market Share Growth And Customer Profitability: Budget Allocation For Customer Acquisition And Retention," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 3(2).
- Huber, Frank & Meyer, Frederik & Vogel, Johannes & Weihrauch, Andrea & Hamprecht, Julia, 2013. "Endorser age and stereotypes: Consequences on brand age," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 207-215.
- Paulo Lencastre & Ana Côrte-Real, 2009. "A BRAND TRIANGLE MODEL to AVOID BRANDING MYOPIA," Working Papers de GestÃ£o (Management Working Papers) 11, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.