Fluctuation Of Economic Activity, Sectoral Distribution Of Gross Value Added And The Size Of Backward Multipliers In Romania During The Period 1989-2009
AbstractIn this paper it is adopted the assumption that the analysis of the features of the sectoral structure of a country’s economy shall have in view not only the sectoral distribution of value-added, but also the sectoral ratios of the effective production to the value added, and the sectoral multipliers of the input-output table. In this context, having in view some algebrical properties of the backward multipliers of the input-output table, demonstrated in F. M. Pavelescu (1997), an improved methodology is proposed for the analysis and interpretation of the economic significance of the above-mentioned indicator both in absolute and relative values. The analytical framework mentioned above is applied in the case of Romania and permits to show that in Romania, during the period 1989-2009, the transformation process and the integration into the European Union generated not only important fluctuations of the gross domestic product (GDP) and the growth of the role of the service sector, but also important changes in the sectoral ratio of the effective production to the value added and in the size of the input-output multipliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 2(44) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
main sense of structural change; effective production/gross valueadded ratio; harmonical weighted mean; types of relative backward multiplier;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emilian Dobrescu & Viorel Gaftea, 2012. "On the Accuracy of RAS Method in an Emergent Economy," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 502-521, June.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Marius Surugiu & Camelia Surugiu, 2010. "Tourism and Economic Development in Romania: Input-Output Analysis Perspective," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 31(2(40)), pages 5-37, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.