Savings-Investments Relationship in an Open Economy
AbstractThis paper reviews the conceptual-theoretical framework related to the analysis of the savings-investments relationship in an open economy and reveals the main trends of the respective relationship in the consolidated market economies and emerging countries during the second part of the 20-th century and first decade of the 21-st century. In this context, the author proposes some improvements in the savings-investments relationship analysis methodology, emphasizing the role of the foreign trade balance stock on the values of discrepancy between the savings and investments and of the Feldstein-Horioka econometric model estimated parameters. The respective methodological improvements are applied in the case of Romania for the period 1990-2007. At the end of the paper some guidelines for the savings-investments relationship modeling are presented in order to avoid recession and assure the premises for a sustainable economic growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009(XIX))
Issue (Month): 2(38) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
state budget deficit; external trade balance stock; Grubel-Lloyd Index generalized form; Feldstein-Horioka model; error-correction model.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.