Aspects Regarding The Development Of Bucharest Stock Exchange
AbstractCapital market in Romania is in a slow process of development, because the performances of the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) are ranking it among the last ones in Europe. The causes of slow development of capital market and remain behind compared to other Eastern European markets are numerous and consist of: late establishment of the two parts of the capital market – stock exchange and OTC market, modest use of capital market in the privatization process of state-owned companies; compromise of investment funds after scandals with SAFI and FNI; delay reform of the pension system, withdrawal from Bucharest Stock Exchange of major companies such as Dacia Piteºti, Arctic Gãieºti or Terapia Cluj Napoca, using bank credit as financing method of Romanian companies. Products lunched by BSE must satisfy the requirements of local and foreign investors who were already accustomed to derivatives launched by the Financial and Commodities Exchange from Sibiu. In addition, Bucharest Stock Exchange should use the experience of major European and American ones that run large financial processes of innovation and launched contracts on weather, volatility indices, price indexes for real estate, etc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2008(XVIII))
Issue (Month): 2(36) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
securities; derivatives; capital markets; development; integration; and financial innovation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- El-Agraa,Ali (ed.), 2007. "The European Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521874434.
- Stijn Claessens, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Development," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 91-122.
- Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei, 2010. "The Romanian Municipal Bond Market and the International Financial Crisis," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 30(1(39)), pages 110-126, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.