Industrial R&D Investment In Eu: Recent Trends And Lessons For Romania
AbstractR&D and innovation are broadly acknowledged as the main drivers of an economy's competitiveness and growth and the measures to encourage investment in research are a central part of economic policies. This paper addresses the question of R&D investment by the private sector and aims at investigating its economic effects in terms of profit and net sales increase R&D investment, industry, EUfor the top 1000 R&D industrial investors based in the EU.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 1(43) (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
R&D investment; industry; EU;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moncada-Paternò-Castello, Pietro & Ciupagea, Constantin & Smith, Keith & Tübke, Alexander & Tubbs, Mike, 2010.
"Does Europe perform too little corporate R&D? A comparison of EU and non-EU corporate R&D performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 523-536, May.
- Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello & Constantin Ciupagea & Keith Smith & Alexander Tübke & Mike Tubbs, 2009. "Does Europe perform too little corporate R&D? A comparison of EU and non-EU corporate R&D performance," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2009-11, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Sandu, Steliana & Paun, Cristian, 2009. "Convergence between the Romanian and the EU RD/I Systems," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 090601, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Roman, Monica, 2010. "Regional efficiency of knowledge economy in the new EU countries: The Romanian and Bulgarian case," MPRA Paper 23083, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2010.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Mariacristina Piva & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli, 2010.
"Is Corporate R&D Investment In High-Tech Sectors More Effective?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 353-365, 07.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Mariacristina Piva & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli, 2009. "Is Corporate R&D Investment in High-Tech Sectors More Effective?," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises0955, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Monica Roman, 2010. "Regional Efficiency Of The Knowledge Economy In The New Eu Countries: The Romanian And Bulgarian Case," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 4(1), pages 33-53, JUNE.
- Peter Voigt & Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello, 2009. "The global economic and financial downturn: What does it imply for firms' R&D strategies?," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2009-12, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.