Matching and mobility in the market for Australian rules football coaches
AbstractThis study examines matching effects as a determinant of mobility in the market for Australian Rules football coaches between 1931 and 1994. Among other results, the authors find direct evidence of a coachteam match-specific effect on team performance. One implication is that two teams might both significantly improve their performance by switching coaches, depending on the specific team and coach characteristics. (Abstract courtesy JSTOR.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School in its journal ILR Review.
Volume (Year): 50 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Postal: 381 Ives East, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-3901
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gielen, Anne C. & van Ours, Jan C., 2006.
"Why Do Worker-Firm Matches Dissolve?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2165, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Bernd Frick & Jose Passos, 2009.
"Coaching for survival: the hazards of head coach careers in the German 'Bundesliga',"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3303-3311.
- Bernd Frick & Carlos Pestana Barros & José Passos, 2006. "Coaching for Survival: The Hazards of Head Coach Careers in the German “Bundesliga”," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/37, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- B Frick & R Simmons, 2005. "The impact of managerial quality on organizational performance: evidence from German soccer," Working Papers 566927, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3702 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Lehmann, Erik & Warning, Susanne & Frick, Bernd, 2001. "Shirking or mismatch? Coach-team separation in German professional soccer," Discussion Papers, Series 1 313, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Matt Pinnuck & Brad Potter, 2004. "The Financial Performance of AFL Football Clubs," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2004_15, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Dilger, Alexander, 2002. "Never change a winning team: An analysis of hazard rates in the NBA," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 03/2002, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3594 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3596 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ILR Review).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.