Forecasting the effects of a negative income tax program
AbstractThis paper outlines a scheme that forecasts the change in net earnings or in hours worked that results from the introduction of a negative income tax (NIT) program. The authors illustrate this scheme by estimating labor supply functions for married men, married women, and single women who participated in the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiments. These functions are then used to simulate the effects of several NIT programs. The findings suggest that changes in the wage rate of an individual covered by an NIT program result in important changes in the hours of work of the individual's spouse. (Abstract courtesy JSTOR.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School in its journal ILR Review.
Volume (Year): 35 (1982)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Postal: 381 Ives East, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-3901
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna & Ulrike Malmendier, 2011.
"The Role of Theory in Field Experiments,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 39-62, Summer.
- Mery Ferrando & Cristian Pérez & Gonzalo Salas, 2010.
"Impuestos negativos a la renta en Uruguay: ¿una política redistributiva alternativa?,"
Documentos de Trabajo basados en MonografÃas (students working papers)
10-02, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Mery Ferrando & Cristian Pérez Muñoz & Gonzalo Salas, 2013. "Impuestos negativos a la renta en Uruguay: ¿una política redistributiva alternativa?," REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Petra E. TODD & Kenneth I. WOLPIN, 2008.
"Ex Ante Evaluation of Social Programs,"
Annales d'Economie et de Statistique,
ENSAE, issue 91-92, pages 263-291.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ILR Review).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.