Pay differential between federal government and private sector workers
AbstractCompares the pay systems between federal government and private sector employees in the United States. Discussion of federal pay policy; Principle of legal recognition of comparability; Computation of pay rates; Information on the human capital model of personal income distribution. (Abstract copyright EBSCO.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School in its journal ILR Review.
Volume (Year): 29 (1976)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Postal: 381 Ives East, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-3901
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Disney, Richard F & Gosling, Amanda, 2003. "A New Method for Estimating Public Sector Pay Premia: Evidence from Britain in the 1990's," CEPR Discussion Papers 3787, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Dustmann & Arthur Van Soest, 1997.
"Wage structures in the private and public sectors in West Germany,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 225-247, August.
- Dustmann, C. & Soest, A.H.O. van, 1997. "Wage structures in the private and public sectors in West Germany," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74120, Tilburg University.
- repec:fth:prinin:225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathy A. Paulson Gjerde, 2002. "The existence of gender-specific promotion standards in the U.S," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(8), pages 447-459.
- repec:fth:prinin:171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger, 1988.
"Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence from Longitudinal Data and Job Queues,"
in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 217-242
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Krueger, 1987. "Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence from Longitudinal Data and Job Queues," Working Papers 605, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alan B. Krueger, 1988. "Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence From Longitudinal Data and Job Queues," NBER Working Papers 2500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcus Alexis & Marshall Medoff, 1984. "Becker’s utility approach to discrimination: A review of the issues," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 41-58, March.
- Steven F. Venti, 1987.
"Wages in the Federal and Private Sectors,"
in: Public Sector Payrolls, pages 147-182
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristjan-Olari Leping, 2005. "Public-Private Sector Wage Differential In Estonia: Evidence From Quantile Regression," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 39, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- David Nellor, 1984. "Public bureau budgets and jurisdiction size: An empirical note," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 175-183, January.
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 2000. "Earnings Differential between Public and Private Sectors in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 111-130.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- Philipp Bewerunge & Harvey S. Rosen, 2012. "Wages, Pensions, and Public-Private Sector Compensation Differentials," Working Papers 1388, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Mueller, Richard E., 1998. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Canada: evidence from quantile regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 229-235, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ILR Review).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.