Job search and the effectiveness of job-finding methods
AbstractExamines the trends in the job-hunting activities of workers who became redundant from the engineering and metal-using trades in West Midlands, England in the period 1966-1968. Timing of job search and labor market expectations; Relationship between age and job search; Assessment of the effectiveness of job-hunting methods; Labor market experience and job preference. (Abstract copyright EBSCO.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School in its journal ILR Review.
Volume (Year): 25 (1972)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Postal: 381 Ives East, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-3901
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 1997. "Information on the Spatial Distribution of Job Opportunities within Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 218-242, March.
- Adriana Kugler, 2002.
"Employee referrals and efficiency wages,"
Economics Working Papers
647, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rondeau, Claude & Guérin, Gilles, 1976. "Sélection des méthodes de cueillette de l’information dans la recherche d’emploi : une analyse empirique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 52(2), pages 185-205, avril.
- Adriana D. Kugler, 1997. "Employee referrals and the inter-industry wage structure," Economics Working Papers 252, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1987. "Hiring Procedures in the Firm: Their Economic Determinants and Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 2185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diana Marcela Jiménez Restrepo, 2012. "LA BÚSQUEDA DE INFORMACIÓN EN EL MERCADO LABORAL DESDE UN ENFOQUE ALTERNATIVO: Las redes sociales y el mercado laboral," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO-CIDSE 009615, UNIVERSIDAD DEL VALLE - CIDSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ILR Review).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.