Lifetime earnings and physicians' choice of specialty
AbstractDeals with a study that explored whether lifetime earnings in various specialties influence the choice of field of physicians. Estimates of lifetime earnings differentials between specialties and general practice; Regression equations measuring the supply response to income. (Abstract copyright EBSCO.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School in its journal ILR Review.
Volume (Year): 24 (1970)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Postal: 381 Ives East, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-3901
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sivey, Peter & Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Joyce, Catherine & Humphreys, John, 2012. "Junior doctors’ preferences for specialty choice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 813-823.
- James Thornton & Fred Esposto, 2003. "How important are economic factors in choice of medical specialty?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 67-73.
- Sean Nicholson & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2002. "Physician Income Prediction Errors: Sources and Implications for Behavior," NBER Working Papers 8907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arcidiacono, Peter & Nicholson, Sean, 2005.
"Peer effects in medical school,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 327-350, February.
- Dionne, Georges, 1980.
"Analyse des effets de l’assurance et de la relation de confiance consommateur-producteur sur les possibilités d’abus des chirurgiens,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 56(2), pages 211-238, avril-jui.
- Dionne, G., 1979. "Analyse des Effets de L'assurance et de la Relation de Confiance Consommateur-Producteur Sur les Possibilites D'abus des Chirurgiens," Cahiers de recherche 7948, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sean Nicholson & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2001. "Physician Income Expectations and Specialty Choice," NBER Working Papers 8536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ILR Review).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.