Una aplicación del análisis no diferenciable a la economía matemática: caracterización de la hipótesis de libre eliminación por medio del cono normal a la frontera del conjunto
AbstractThis paper is devoted to study some analytical properties of sets that satisfy the free disposal hypothesis. This hypothesis plays a relevant role in general equilibrium theory, because it is widely used to ensure both the positiveness of equilibrium prices and the efficiency of equilibrium allocation. The main result of this paper is a characterization of this hypothesis in terms of the normal cone to the set at its boundary points.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines in its journal Revista de Analisis Economico.
Volume (Year): 19 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khan, M Ali & Vohra, Rajiv, 1987. "An Extension of the Second Welfare Theorem to Economies with Nonconvexities and Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 223-41, May.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc, 1988.
"On two existence results of equilibria in economies with increasing returns,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 193-207, April.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc, . "On two existence results of equilibria in economies with increasing returns," CORE Discussion Papers RP -815, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, .
"Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-814, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 119-147, April.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers 1986007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcela Perticara).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.