An Ardl Model Of Tourism Demand For Malaysia
AbstractThis paper investigates the long-run and short-run relationships among tourists’ arrival to Malaysia, tourism price, substitute price, traveling cost, income and exchange rate for ASEAN-4 countries for the period 1970 to 2004 using the bounds testing cointegration procedures. The results show that tourism price, traveling cost, substitute price and income are the major determinants of Malaysia’s tourism demand. In the short run, repeat tourists, world economic crises and the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) significantly influence the demand for Malaysia’s tourism. The paper also employed the Ramsey Reset and CUSUM-Square tests to test for the functional form and stability of the tourism demand function.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IIUM Journal of Economis and Management in its journal IIUM Journal of Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 15 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Tourism Demand; ARDL Model; ASEAN.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.