It’s Broke, Let’s Fix It: Rethinking Financial Regulation This paper considers a wide range of financial reform issues, focusing on macroprudential regulation and on the recent reforms in the United States—although the principles apply globally. It emphasizes such issues as the needs for a systemic risk regulator and an orderly resolution mechanism for systemically important financial institutions, the risks posed by proprietary trading and skewed compensation incentives, and the design of new capital and liquidity requirements for banks. Throughout, an attempt is made to relate concrete regulatory proposals to the abstract principles that should govern financial regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Journal of Central Banking in its journal International Journal of Central Banking.
Volume (Year): 6 (2010)
Issue (Month): 34 (December)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ray Barrell & Davis, E. & Liadze, I. & Dilruba Karim, 2009.
"Bank Regulation, Property Prices And Early Warning Systems For Banking Crises In Oecd Countries,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
330, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Barrell, Ray & Davis, E. Philip & Karim, Dilruba & Liadze, Iana, 2010. "Bank regulation, property prices and early warning systems for banking crises in OECD countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2255-2264, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.