On the Measurement of Comparative Economic Freedom across Nations
AbstractThe measurement of economic freedom is discussed. One particular set of freedom indi-ces developed by Heritage Foundation is detailed, including how the indices are constructed and potential problems in the methodological design. Comparisons are made for the different levels of freedom individual nations and regions achieve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
economic freedom; methodology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H10 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - General
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James M. Buchanan & Richard A. Musgrave, 1999. "Public Finance and Public Choice: Two Contrasting Visions of the State," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024624, December.
- J. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1979.
"Revenue-Seeking: A Generalization of the Theory of Tariffs,"
243, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Srinivasan, T N, 1980. "Revenue Seeking: A Generalization of the Theory of Tariffs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1069-87, December.
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2000. "Economic Freedom and Economic Growth: A Short-run Causal Investigation," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 71-91, May.
- Scully, Gerald W & Slottje, Daniel J, 1991. " Ranking Economic Liberty across Countries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 121-52, February.
- Steven B. Caudill & Fernando C. Zanella & Franklin G. Mixon, Jr., 2000. "Is Economic Freedom One Dimensional? A Factor Analysis of Some Common Measures of Economic Freedom," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 17-40, June.
- Craig A. Depken, II & Robert J. Sonora, 2005. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Freedom on International Trade Flows," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(2), pages 141-155, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.