Evaluate the Effectiveness of Manager Compensation
AbstractThis study develops a conceptual model for compensation from firm and manager perspectives. We identify the negotiating range for a compensation plan and adopt a dynamic bargaining game to optimize the equilibrium of base salary and bonus.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
game theory; optimization; compensation; negotiation; risk analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2012.
"Bargaining Over Labour: Do Patients Have Any Power?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 182-194, 06.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew, 2011. "Bargaining Over Labor: Do Patients Have Any Power?," IZA Discussion Papers 6165, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006. "Bargaining Over Labor: Do Patients have any Power?," CEPR Discussion Papers 528, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Miller, Nolan H & Pazgal, Amit I, 2001. "The Equivalence of Price and Quantity Competition with Delegation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 284-301, Summer.
- Kissan Joseph & Alex Thevaranjan, 1998. "Monitoring and Incentives in Sales Organizations: An Agency-Theoretic Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 107-123.
- Andergassen, Rainer, 2008.
"High-powered incentives and fraudulent behavior: Stock-based versus stock option-based compensation,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 122-125, November.
- R. Andergassen, 2005. "High powered Incentives and Fraudulent Behavior: Stock based versus Stock Option based Compensation," Working Papers 542, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luigi Ermini & David F. Hendry, 2008.
"Log Income vs. Linear Income: An Application of the Encompassing Principle,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 807-827, December.
- Luigi Ermini & David F. Hendry, 1991. "Log Income vs. Linear Income: An Application of the Encompassing Principle," Working Papers 199111, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Salvatore Piccolo, 2009. "Colluding through Suppliers," CSEF Working Papers 224, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 08 Apr 2010.
- Sanjog Misra & Harikesh Nair, 2011.
"A structural model of sales-force compensation dynamics: Estimation and field implementation,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 211-257, September.
- Misra, Sanjog & Nair, Harikesh, 2009. "A Structural Model of Sales-Force Compensation Dynamics: Estimation and Field Implementation," Research Papers 2037, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Fershtman, C. & Gneezy, U., 1997.
"Strategic delegation: An experiment,"
1997-26, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gwenlyn M. Busby & Heidi J. Albers & Claire A. Montgomery, 2012. "Wildfire Risk Management in a Landscape with Fragmented Ownership and Spatial Interactions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 496-517.
- Ayşe Mumcu, 2010. "Strategic Withholding Of Firm-Specific Skills In Wage Bargaining," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(2), pages 187-211, 05.
- Giummo, Jesse, 2010. "German employee inventors' compensation records: A window into the returns to patented inventions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 969-984, September.
- Ke Yang, 2010. "Limit-Pricing and Learning-By-Doing: A Dynamic Game with Incomplete Information," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 9(3), pages 201-212, December.
- Bizjak, John & Lemmon, Michael & Nguyen, Thanh, 2011. "Are all CEOs above average? An empirical analysis of compensation peer groups and pay design," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 538-555, June.
- Ni-Na Yan & Bao-Wen Sun, 2012. "Optimal Stackelberg Strategies For Closed-Loop Supply Chain With Third-Party Reverse Logistics," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 29(05), pages 1250026-1-1.
- Amiya K. Basu & Rajiv Lal & V. Srinivasan & Richard Staelin, 1985. "Salesforce Compensation Plans: An Agency Theoretic Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 267-291.
- Crutchley, Claire E. & Minnick, Kristina, 2012. "Cash versus incentive compensation: Lawsuits and director pay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 907-913.
- Salvatore Piccolo & Jeanine Miklós-Thal, 2012. "Colluding through suppliers," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 492-513, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.