Do Human Resource Practices Lever Organizational Performance?-An Empirical Study of A Manufacturing Firm in Bangladesh
AbstractThe research examined the effect of different human resource practices such as staffing, training, participation, performance appraisal, compensation, and caring on organizational performance. Data were collected from 100 respondents based on self-administered questionnaire. Results indicated significant relationship of staffing, training, participation, performance appraisal, and compensation with organizational performance. The study reported no relationship of employee caring with organizational performance. The findings commend that incorporating these human resource practices may render manufacturing firm with the potent to leverage organizational performance significantly
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Business Administration in its journal Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS).
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
More information through EDIRC
Performance; staffing; participation; compensation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faraz Ahmed) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Faraz Ahmed to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.