Output Maximization of an Agency
AbstractConsidering Cobb-Douglas function in three variables as an explicit form of production function, in this paper an attempt has been made to maximize an output subject to a budget constraint, using Lagrange multipliers technique, as well as necessary and sufficient conditions for optimal value have been applied. We gave interpretation of Lagrange multiplier in this specific illustration, showing its positive value, and examined the behavior of the agency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Business Administration in its journal Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS).
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
More information through EDIRC
Lagrange Multipliers; Economic Problems; Maximizing Output Function; Budget Constraints; Explicit Examples.;
Other versions of this item:
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pahlaj Moolio & Jamal Nazrul Islam, 2008. "Cost Minimization of a Competitive Firm," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 2(2), pages 148-160, December.
- Jamal Nazrul Islam & Haradhan Kumar Mohajan & Pahlaj Moolio, 2010.
"Utility Maximization Subject to Multiple Constraints,"
Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS),
Department of Business Administration, vol. 4(1), pages 15-29, December.
- Islam, Jamal & Mohajan, Haradhan & Moolio, Pahlaj, 2010. "Utility Maximization Subject to Multiple Constraints," MPRA Paper 50667, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Apr 2010.
- Jamal NazrulIslam & Haradhan Kumar Mohajan & Pahlaj Moolio, 2011.
"Output Maximization Subject to a Nonlinear Constraint,"
KASBIT Journal of Management & Social Science,
Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 4, pages 116-128, December.
- Islam, Jamal & Mohajan, Haradhan & Moolio, Pahlaj, 2011. "Output Maximization Subject to a Nonlinear Constraint," MPRA Paper 50676, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Nov 2011.
- repec:ksb:journl:v:4:y:2011:i:1:p:116-128 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faraz Ahmed) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Faraz Ahmed to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.