Insights on innovation and technology management curriculum in public universities in Turkey
AbstractTo achieve technological capabilities that can lead to sustainable competitive advantage, there is a need for a highly qualified workforce that is capable of innovating and managing technology. Therefore, education on technology and innovation management is increasing in importance, especially for developing countries. Technology and innovation management courses in higher education constitutes the significant part of the formal education in the field, hence the effectiveness of these courses has become a major issue. However, in previous literature, several researchers tried to discover the ideal basic characteristics of curricula for technology and innovation management education and particularly for graduate and undergraduate courses in terms of content and theory and practice balance in universities This study aims to explore and reveal the current status of technology and innovation management courses in business administration and engineering faculties, science, technology and social sciences institutes in 95 public universities in Turkey. The findings are evaluated in terms of meeting the required major patterns of courses that are determined based on the theoretical background. Differences are considered as improvement requirements and related recommendations to practitioners are presented. Study reveals that existing courses in the explored higher education institutions are still not sufficient in number and quality to provide the knowledge and skills that create professionals who are competent in technology and innovation management.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bilgesel Yayincilik in its journal İktisat İşletme ve Finans.
Volume (Year): 27 (2012)
Issue (Month): 320 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://iif.com.tr
Technology Management; Innovation; Education; Higher Education; Courses.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Bilge).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.