Do Oil Prices Directly Affect Stock Markets:Evidence from Istanbul Stock Exchange
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to investigate the impact of oil prices on Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) using cointegration and causality analyses in two sub-samples: 1990:M1-2001:M2 and 2001:M3-2011:M12. Findings indicate that there is no long term and causal relationship in the first period while there is long term relationship and uni-directional causality running from oil prices to stock market in second period. Furthermore, in contrast to other oil importer countries, oil prices affect stock market positively in Turkey and the response of ISE index to the changes in oil prices is very expeditious.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bilgesel Yayincilik in its journal İktisat İşletme ve Finans.
Volume (Year): 27 (2012)
Issue (Month): 319 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://iif.com.tr
Oil price; Stock market; Istanbul Stock Exchange;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Bilge).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.