Work organisation and restructuring in the knowledge society
AbstractIt is generally agreed that major changes in work are taking place in the organisation of work as corporate structures are transformed in the context of economic globalisation and rapid technological change. But how can these changes be understood? And what are the impacts on social institutions and on workers and their families? The WORKS project brought together 17 research institutes in 13 European countries to investigate these important issues through a comprehensive four year research programme.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CESNOVA-Research on Enterprise and Work Innovation, Faculty of Science and Technology in its journal Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies.
Volume (Year): 4 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
organisation of work; globalisation; technological change; Europe;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- António Brandão Moniz, 2011. "From the Lisbon strategy to EU2020: illusion or progress for european economies?," IET Working Papers Series 01/2011, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CESNOVA-Research on Enterprise and Work Innovation, Faculty of Science and Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (António Brandão Moniz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.