From Private Banking To Central Banking: Ingredients Of A Welfare Analysis
AbstractAn earlier analysis of Cavalcanti and Wallace showing that the set of allocations achievable using outside (government) money is a subset of those achievable using inside (private) money is extended. Here, the class of outside-money allocations is enriched by allowing the planner to make transfers in the form of outside money. At the same time, punishments for defection are weakened. It is shown that the subset result continues to hold, although for a different reason than in the Cavalcanti and Wallace analysis. Copyright 2005 by the Economics Department Of The University Of Pennsylvania And Osaka University Institute Of Social And Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 46 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monnet, 2008.
"Monetary policy in a channel system,"
08-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monet, 2006. "Monetary Policy in a Channel System," IEW - Working Papers 295, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monnet, 2007. "Monetary Policy in a Channel System," CESifo Working Paper Series 1929, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rivano, Ricardo de Oliveira & Wallace, Neil, 2006. "New models of old(?) payment questions," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 619, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- He, Ping & Huang, Lixin & Wright, Randall, 2008.
"Money, banking, and monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 1013-1024, September.
- Alessandro Marchesiani & Aleksander Berentsen, 2010. "Standing Facilities Versus Open Market Operations: Equivalence Results," 2010 Meeting Papers 929, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.