Turnpike Theorems in Nonconvex Nonstationary Environments
AbstractThis paper provides a comprehensive development of turnpike theory in a stochastic aggregative model with time-varying nonconvex technology. A new approach to turnpike theorems is developed that exploits the monotonicity of optimal programs and utilizes a supermartingale process generated by stochastic Euler equations. This extends the classical turnpike theory to general nonconvex, nonstationary environments. Copyright 1997 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 38 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dai, Darong, 2011.
"Modeling the minimum time needed to economic maturity,"
40386, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Jul 2012.
- Darong Dai, 2013. "Modeling The Minimum Time Needed To Economic Maturity," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 2-21, June.
- Dai, Darong, 2011. "Modeling the minimum time needed to economic maturity," MPRA Paper 40583, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2012.
- Vassili Kolokoltsov & Wei Yang, 2012. "Turnpike Theorems for Markov Games," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 294-312, September.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Rudnicki, Ryszard & Stachurski, John, 2006. "Stochastic optimal growth with nonconvexities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 74-96, February.
- Takashi Kamihigashi & Santanu Roy, 2003.
"A Nonsmooth, Nonconvex Model of Optimal Growth,"
Discussion Paper Series
139, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Takashi Kamihigashi & Santanu Roy, 2003. "A Nonsmooth, Nonconvex Model of Optimal Growth," Discussion Paper Series 158, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Takashi Kamihigashi & Santanu Roy, 2005. "A nonsmooth, nonconvex model of optimal growth," Discussion Paper Series 173, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Darong Dai, 2012.
"Stochastic Versions of Turnpike Theorems in the Sense of Uniform Topology,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 381-423, November.
- Dai, Darong, 2011. "Stochastic Versions of Turnpike Theorems in the Sense of Uniform Topology," MPRA Paper 40216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olson, Lars J. & Roy, Santanu, 2005. "Theory of Stochastic Optimal Economic Growth," Working Papers 28601, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Ryszard Rudnicki & John Stachurski, 2004. "Stochastic Growth With Nonconvexities:The Optimal Case," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 897, The University of Melbourne.
- Joshi, Sumit, 2003.
"The stochastic turnpike property without uniformity in convex aggregate growth models,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1289-1315, May.
- Sumit Joshi, 1999. "The Stochastic Turnpike Property without Uniformity in Convex Aggregate Growth Models," Working papers 67, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Dai, Darong, 2012. "A Robust Turnpike Deduced by Economic Maturity," MPRA Paper 48818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.