Some Results on Comparative Statics under Uncertainty
AbstractThis paper presents results on comparative statics for a class of decision problems under uncertainty. Necessary and sufficient conditions are derived for parameter changes and stochastically dominant shifts in the return in the two-asset portfolio problem. These results give conditions for the demand for money to be inversely related to the rate of interest. Further applications include the qualitive behavior of aggregate savings under uncertainty and the production decision of a firm facing price uncertainty. Copyright 1987 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 28 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- W. Chiu & Louis Eeckhoudt & Beatrice Rey, 2012.
"On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications,"
Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 151-167, May.
- CHIU, W. Henry & EECKHOUDT, Louis & REY, Béatrice, . "On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2431, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Donald Meyer & Jack Meyer, 2005. "Relative Risk Aversion: What Do We Know?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 243-262, December.
- Gollier Christian & Schlee Edward E, 2006.
"Increased Risk-Bearing with Background Risk,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Etner, Johanna & Schroyen, Fred, 2009.
"The values of relative risk aversion and prudence: A context-free interpretation,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-7, July.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & ETNER, Johanna & SCHROYEN, Fred, . "The values of relative risk aversion and prudence: A context-free interpretation," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2162, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chuang, O-Chia & Eeckhoudt, Louis & Huang, Rachel J. & Tzeng, Larry Y., 2013. "Risky targets and effort," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 465-468.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2002. "Increases in Risk and the Welfare State," CESifo Working Paper Series 685, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2004.
"On intergenerational risk sharing within social security schemes,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 181-206, March.
- Andreas Wagener, 2001. "On Intergenerational Risk Sharing within Social Security Schemes," CESifo Working Paper Series 499, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gollier, Christian & Hammitt, James & Treich, Nicolas, 2013.
"Risk and Choice: A Research Saga,"
IDEI Working Papers
804, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Horowitz, I. & Thompson, P., 1995. "The sophisticated decision maker: All work and no pay?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Gelles, Gregory M. & Mitchell, Douglas W., 2002. "Increasingly mean-seeking utility functions and n-asset portfolios," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 911-919.
- Sunanda Roy, 2000. "Risk Sharing through Labor Contracts - Risk Aversion, Market Incompleteness and Employment," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1767, Econometric Society.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2005. "Notes and Comments: Measures of risk attitude: correspondences between mean-variance and expected-utility approaches," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-65, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.