Some Results on Comparative Statics under Uncertainty
AbstractThis paper presents results on comparative statics for a class of decision problems under uncertainty. Necessary and sufficient conditions are derived for parameter changes and stochastically dominant shifts in the return in the two-asset portfolio problem. These results give conditions for the demand for money to be inversely related to the rate of interest. Further applications include the qualitive behavior of aggregate savings under uncertainty and the production decision of a firm facing price uncertainty. Copyright 1987 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 28 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horowitz, I. & Thompson, P., 1995. "The sophisticated decision maker: All work and no pay?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Andreas Wagener, 2001.
"On Intergenerational Risk Sharing within Social Security Schemes,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
499, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2004. "On intergenerational risk sharing within social security schemes," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 181-206, March.
- Christian Gollier & James Hammitt & Nicolas Treich, 2013.
"Risk and choice: A research saga,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 129-145, October.
- Gollier, Christian & Hammitt, James & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Risk and Choice: A Research Saga," IDEI Working Papers 804, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian & Hammitt, James & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Risk and Choice: A Research Saga," TSE Working Papers 13-444, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Etner, Johanna & Schroyen, Fred, 2009.
"The values of relative risk aversion and prudence: A context-free interpretation,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-7, July.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & ETNER, Johanna & SCHROYEN, Fred, . "The values of relative risk aversion and prudence: A context-free interpretation," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2162, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- W. Chiu & Louis Eeckhoudt & Beatrice Rey, 2012.
"On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications,"
Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 151-167, May.
- CHIU, W. Henry & EECKHOUDT, Louis & REY, Béatrice, . "On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2431, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Donald Meyer & Jack Meyer, 2005. "Relative Risk Aversion: What Do We Know?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 243-262, December.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2002. "Increases in Risk and the Welfare State," CESifo Working Paper Series 685, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gelles, Gregory M. & Mitchell, Douglas W., 2002. "Increasingly mean-seeking utility functions and n-asset portfolios," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 911-919.
- Gollier Christian & Schlee Edward E, 2006.
"Increased Risk-Bearing with Background Risk,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2005. "Notes and Comments: Measures of risk attitude: correspondences between mean-variance and expected-utility approaches," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-65, 06.
- Sunanda Roy, 2000. "Risk Sharing through Labor Contracts - Risk Aversion, Market Incompleteness and Employment," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1767, Econometric Society.
- Chuang, O-Chia & Eeckhoudt, Louis & Huang, Rachel J. & Tzeng, Larry Y., 2013. "Risky targets and effort," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 465-468.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.