Comparación de Cataluña y Extremadura a través de matrices de contabilidad social
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to compare two Spanish economies: the Catalan economy and the one from Extremadura, using two 1990 Social Accounting Matrices (SAM). First, we present the structure of production related to these economies. Second, we compute an index of similitude over these SAMs in order to determine the similarity between these regions. Then, the comparison and the decomposition of the generalised multipliers corresponding to both areas complete the analysis. This decomposition allows us to show that the difference between these multipliers is due to the different relationships in the structure of production. Finally, the introduction of the foreign sector as an endogenous account makes the multipliers of the two economies more similar.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Fundación SEPI in its journal Investigaciones Economicas.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Investigaciones Economicas Fundación SEPI Quintana, 2 (planta 3) 28008 Madrid Spain
Web page: http://www.fundacionsepi.es/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Llop, 2004. "Comparing Multipliers in the Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/30, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Miguel, Francisco Javier de & Llop Llop, Maria & Manresa, Antonio, 1954-, 2011. "Simulating the Impact of Sectorial Productivity Gains on Two Regional Economies: Key Sectors from a Supply Side Perspective," Working Papers 2072/169681, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Llop Llop, Maria, 2007. "Descomposición de los Cambios de Multiplicadores en una Matriz de Contabilidad Social: un Ejemplo para la Economía Catalana," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 743-758, Diciembre.
- Manuel Alejandro Cardenete Flores & Jorge M. López Álvarez, 2012. "Estructura y evolución de los sectores económicos estratégicos y del empleo de la economía andaluza a partir del marco Input-Output 1995-2000-2005," Revista de Estudios Regionales, Universidades Públicas de Andalucía, vol. 3, pages 39-72.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabel Sánchez-Seco).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.