The Platformisation of the European Mobile Industry
AbstractThis paper argues that the structure of the mobile communications industry is being decisively affected by 'platformisation', yet in a present context of strong 'platform ambiguity'. It introduces the concept of gatekeeper roles to compare current mobile platform initiatives, and proposes a typology of platforms to characterise the various models encountered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IDATE, Com&Strat dept. in its journal Communications & Strategies.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 75 (3rd quarter)
Mobile Platforms; Business Models; Gatekeeping; Platform Typology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taparia, Ankit & Basaure, Arturo & Casey, Thomas R., 2012. "Value network orchestration of a cognitive radio platform," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72544, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Krancke, Jan & Vidal, Miguel & Fier, Andreas, 2012. "Changing the rules: Applying a more economic approach to dynamic telecom markets," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 66976, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.