Real Option Applications to Information Security
AbstractReal options present advantages over the standard discounting methods. In this paper we analyze them briefly and examine their potential applications on information security. The applications of real options on valuation of information assets, information security investment and capital budgeting provide considerable benefits. Finally portfolios of real options and other financial products can reduce information security risk.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IDATE, Com&Strat dept. in its journal Communications & Strategies.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): 70 (2nd quarter)
Real options; information security; valuation; information security investment; capital budgeting; portfolio theory; information security risk.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Value Theory
- D89 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Other
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.