High Value Agri-Food Products In Romania’S Trade Pattern
AbstractThe present study focuses on the Romania’s high-value agriculture trade pattern and changes subsequent to the EU accession impact, analyzing the dynamics and ranks of the production volumes and values of the trade flows. The main results provide assessments of the Romania’s high-value agricultural products competitive potential expressed on foreign markets. Among such commodities, the following are particularly significant: livestock, dairy products, horticulture products including fruit and vegetables, berries and spices, mushrooms, wine. The high-value agrifood products are provided from high-natural value zones and are typically produced on small-size farms. Consequently, their production and marketing are important, both as a catalyst to maintain and develop rural communities and as a source of multiple sustainable benefits incumbent on local economies and rural socio-economic development. In this context, the message of the present scientific endeavor addresses the design of a strategy of small-scale farmers’ income increase to help them diversify from low-value unstable food into higher-value sustainable supplies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of Agricultural Economics in its journal Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
Volume (Year): 9 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3182411
Fax: 004 021 3182411
Web page: http://www.eadr.ro/
More information through EDIRC
agriculture; foreign trade; high-value products; sustainable development.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.