A Cross-Spectral Analysis Of Romania’S Foreign Trade In Agricultural Products
AbstractAn interesting variant, from the point of view of the factor analysis in the economy, is represented by the Crossed Spectral Analysis. The simultaneous analysis of the oscillation of different frequencies for two or several data series can be regarded as an analytical approach, by constituent elements, of the correlation between two or several phenomena evolving in parallel in time. The objective of the present study consists in the analysis of the interdependency relations between Romania’s agri-food exports and imports focusing on the relation intensity in the synchronous but mainly in asynchronous optics (phase lag) for the different frequency components.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of Agricultural Economics in its journal Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3182411
Fax: 004 021 3182411
Web page: http://www.eadr.ro/
More information through EDIRC
spectral analysis; trade balance; agricultural products.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2003.
"The Band Pass Filter,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 435-465, 05.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1999. "The Band Pass Filter," NBER Working Papers 7257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, . "CFFILTER: RATS procedure to perform band pass filter using Christiano-Fitzgerald method," Statistical Software Components RTS00034, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1999. "The Band pass filter," Working Paper 9906, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gomez, Victor, 2001. "The Use of Butterworth Filters for Trend and Cycle Estimation in Economic Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 365-73, July.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1986.
"Trends Versus Random Walks in Time Series Analysis,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
788, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Durlauf, Steven N & Phillips, Peter C B, 1988. "Trends versus Random Walks in Time Series Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1333-54, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.