Wirkungen der Beschäftigungspflicht schwerbehinderter Arbeitnehmer : Erkenntnisse aus der Einführung des "Gesetzes zur Bekämpfung der Arbeitslosigkeit Schwerbehinderter" (Effects of the obligation to employ severely disabled workers : findings from the introduction of the "Law to Combat Unemployment among Severely Disabled People")
Abstract"This paper uses new administrative data from the German Federal Employment Agency - the Integrated Employment Biographies Sample IEBS - to assess the impact of a mandatory employment quota for disabled workers in Germany. We use an exogenous change, introduced through the 'Law to Combat Unemployment among Severely Disabled People' ('Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Arbeitslosigkeit Schwerbehinderter'), as a natural experiment and measure the change in the reemployment probability of the unemployed disabled by means of regression-adjusted difference-indifferences estimators. Our results indicate that the change in the employment quota neither enhanced nor worsened the employment prospects of the disabled." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en)) Additional Information Kurzfassung (deutsch) Executive summary (English)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung – Journal for Labour Market Research.
Volume (Year): 41 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bell, David & Heitmueller, Axel, 2009.
"The Disability Discrimination Act in the UK: Helping or hindering employment among the disabled?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 465-480, March.
- Bell, David N.F. & Heitmueller, Axel, 2005. "The Disability Discrimination Act in the UK: Helping or Hindering Employment Amongst the Disabled?," IZA Discussion Papers 1476, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kölling, Arnd & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2001. "Bremst das Schwerbehindertengesetz die Arbeitsplatzdynamik in Kleinbetrieben?," Discussion Papers, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics 4, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Bound, John & Burkhauser, Richard V., 1999. "Economic analysis of transfer programs targeted on people with disabilities," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 3417-3528 Elsevier.
- Wagner, Joachim & Schnabel, Claus & Kölling, Arnd, 2001. "Threshold Values in German Labor Law and Job Dynamics in Small Firms: The Case of the Disability Law," IZA Discussion Papers 386, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Madrian, Brigitte C, 1994.
"Employment-Based Health Insurance and Job Mobility: Is There Evidence of Job-Lock?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 27-54, February.
- Brigitte C. Madrian, 1993. "Employment-Based Health Insurance and Job Mobility: Is There Evidence ofJob-Lock?," NBER Working Papers 4476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathleen Beegle & Wendy A. Stock, 2003. "The Labor Market Effects of Disability Discrimination Laws," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(4).
- Peter Jacobebbinghaus & Stefan Seth, 2007. "European Data Watch: The German Integrated Employment Biographies Sample IEBS," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(2), pages 335-342.
- Verick, Sher, 2004. "Do Financial Incentives Promote the Employment of the Disabled?," IZA Discussion Papers 1256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1994.
"Natural and Quasi- Experiments in Economics,"
NBER Technical Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc
0170, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-61, April.
- Christine Jolls & J.J. Prescott, 2004. "Disaggregating Employment Protection: The Case of Disability Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 10740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.