Existenzgründungsförderung in Deutschland : Zwischenergebnisse aus der Hartz-Evaluation (Promotion of business start-ups in Germany : first results from the "Hartz evaluation")
Abstract"The promotion of business start-ups by formerly unemployed individuals has become an increasingly important instrument of German active labour market policy (ALMP) in recent years. With the introduction of the start-up subsidy (Existenzgründungszuschuss) on 1.1.2003 unemployed individuals who wish to set up their own business have now two instruments at their disposal - the first one being the bridging allowance (Überbrückungsgeld). In 2004 more than 350,000 people utilized either one of the two programmes, underpinning their importance within the set of ALMP instruments. In the context of the Hartz evaluation, we are assessing the two programmes with respect to their outreach and effectiveness. Our results show that both schemes help participants to avoid a return into unemployment. While this outcome is based on a sufficiently long observation period for the bridging allowance, results are still preliminary for the start-up subsidy. We further observe that the new programme attracts target groups which were previously underrepresented in the self-employment population. Accordingly start-ups which are supported by the bridging allowance differ considerably from those supported by the start-up subsidy." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung – Journal for Labour Market Research.
Volume (Year): 39 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3/4 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2005. "Existenzgründungen: Ein Weg zur Beschäftigungsförderung?," ZEW Discussion Papers, ZEW - Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research 05-71, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Caliendo, Marco & Fossen, Frank M. & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2006.
"Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally Validated Survey,"
Discussion Papers, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics
252, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Marco Caliendo & Frank Fossen & Alexander Kritikos, 2009. "Risk attitudes of nascent entrepreneurs–new evidence from an experimentally validated survey," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 153-167, February.
- Marco Caliendo & Frank M. Fossen & Alexander S. Kritikos, 2006. "Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally-Validated Survey," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 600, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Caliendo, Marco & Fossen, Frank M. & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2006. "Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally-Validated Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 2168, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.