Applying Corporate Entrepreneurship To Bank Performance In Malaysia
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to investigate the state of corporate entrepreneurship among the banks in Malaysia, and to examine its consequent effect on bank business performance. The study employed the quantitative approach through a survey instrument design. The population was the branch managers of domestic banks in Malaysia, and they were chosen because these banks have extensive branch networks, even in rural areas. Data were collected using questionnaires, and the constructs used were developed from prior research and previously tested for reliability. A total of 1844 questionnaires were mailed to the respondents, and 260 usable responses were received, giving a response rate of 14.09 percent. Descriptive statistics were used to analyze the characteristics of the respondents including frequency, mean, and measures of reliability, while multivariate technique employed was multiple regressions. The findings reveal that significant relationship exists between corporate entrepreneurship and performance. These findings may be of help to bank managers to be more entrepreneurial oriented in order for them to survive the intensely competitive business environment
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Global Research Agency in its journal Journal of Global Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.globalresearch.com.my/journal.htm
Banks; bank managers; corporate entrepreneurship; performance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonidas A. Zampetakis & Vassilis S. Moustakis, 2010. "An exploratory research on the factors stimulating corporate entrepreneurship in the Greek public sector," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(8), pages 871-887, November.
- Mohammad Salaran & Alex Maritz, 2009. "Entrepreneurial environment and research performance in knowledge-based institutions," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 261-280, December.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B., 2001. "Strategic decision making in an intuitive vs. technocratic mode: structural and environmental considerations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 51-67, April.
- Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D., 2001. "Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 495-527, September.
- Morris, Michael H. & Sexton, Donald L., 1996. "The concept of entrepreneurial intensity: Implications for company performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-13, May.
- Morris, Michael H. & Paul, Gordon W., 1987. "The relationship between entrepreneurship and marketing in established firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 247-259.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Hult, G. Tomas M. & Ferrell, O. C., 1997. "A global learning organization structure and market information processing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 155-166, October.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1993. "Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 319-340, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.