Fiscal Adjustment And Dynamic Economics Performance: The Case Of Malaysia
AbstractThe main objective of this study is to identify the link between fiscal adjustment and dynamic economic performance in Malaysia using time series data for entire period of 1980-2009. To examine the long-run relationship between fiscal adjustment and economic performance, this has study employed the Gregory-Hansen co integration approach to capture the endogenous structural breaks in long-run equilibrium relationship with three different specifications. The finding of this study indicates that there is long-run positive co integration relationship between fiscal adjustment and economic performance in Malaysia. Therefore, the finding of this study clearly shows that the dynamic and continuous economics performance is a key element of the successful of the stability of Malaysia’s economic in Southeast Asian region, although have faced several economic crisis
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Global Research Agency in its journal Journal of Global Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.globalresearch.com.my/journal.htm
Fiscal adjustment; Economic performance; Gregory-Hansen;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allan w. Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992.
"residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts,"
862, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996. "Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," RCER Working Papers 335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Neelesh Gounder & Paresh Kumar Narayan & Arti Prasad, 2007. "An empirical investigation of the relationship between government revenue and expenditure: The case of the Fiji Islands," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 147-158, March.
- David W. Wilcox, 1987.
"The substainability of government deficits: implications of the present- value borrowing constraint,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wilcox, David W, 1989. "The Sustainability of Government Deficits: Implications of the Present-Value Borrowing Constraint," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(3), pages 291-306, August.
- Raghbendra Jha & Anurag Sharma, 2004. "Structural Breaks, Unit Roots, and Cointegration: A Further Test of the Sustainability of the Indian Fiscal Deficit," Public Finance Review, , vol. 32(2), pages 196-219, March.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992.
"Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995. "Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- James D. Hamilton & Marjorie A. Flavin, 1985.
"On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for Empirical Testing,"
NBER Working Papers
1632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D & Flavin, Marjorie A, 1986. "On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for EmpiricalTesting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 808-19, September.
- Cashin, P. & Olekalns, N., 2000. "An Examination of the Sustainability of Indian Fiscal Policy," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 748, The University of Melbourne.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- Hojman, David E., 1986. "The external debt contribution to output, employment, productivity and consumption : A model and an application to Chile," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 53-68, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.